Up from the grave the Lap Off has awoken from a six year hiatus to pit our best electronic musicians and DJs against each other in gladiatorial knock out rounds of ten minutes each and crowd reaction decides who wins the cash prize.
Think 8 Mile with laptops.
Contestants can use their laptop to produce noises in whatever way they like. Other instruments, peripheries, etc are limited only by the ability to channel it through their laptops, and into a left and a right channel in our mixing desk. Past contestants have been DJs, original musicians, and everything in between. Always diverse and always surprising, expect dancing, shouting and a mess of cables like you’ve never seen.
- Contestants will have 10 minutes to perform
- Contestants can use your laptop to produce noises in whatever way they like. Other instruments, peripheries, etc are limited only by the ability to channel it through your laptop and into the one L/R phono channel in our mixing desk.
- This is a singles match, a solo sport, no live backing bands, but by all means pre-record.
- Judging is weighted as follows
50% crowd reaction
- It is a straightforward knockout
- The final is three rounds of 5m each done back to back
- For the first time we've got a cash prize of £100 for the winner
- If you make it to the final you'll need 35m of material basically
To enter as a contestant DM on here or email info@seedheadarts