4th Aug 2019 in Arts
The glitter may just have settled after Pride, but if you’re looking for things to do in Belfast today, there are plenty!
The weekend is particularly chock full of craic, with Human League hitting Custom House Square on Friday night, and our very own Caribbean Social (Writer’s Square), No Oil Paintings & Chris Wilson (Sunflower) and the Summer of Love Woodstock 50th Anniversary celebration (Black Box) ALL taking place this Saturday!
But the rest of the week is not looking too shabby either it has to be said – take a look!
Songbook: August Edition
Tuesday 6th August, 9pm @ The Ulster Sports Club
After their fantastic first show at The Ulster Sports Club, it’s the Songbook’s second show at their new home in the Ulster Sports Club.
As always, Songbook welcomes two guests to perform their original music in front of a packed our crowd, backed by the greatest House Band ever assembled and hosted by the one and only Nathan O’Regan.
Sizeable Bear Presents: Ghost Office // Hales Lake // Buí
Tuesday 6th August, 8pm @ McHugh’s Bar
Tickets £5 (available on the door)
Sizeable Bear announced this extra show to their line up of events. Headlining, they have Belfast post-punk trio Ghost Office, with Dublin-based noisy folk Hales Lake joining us in the middle for their debut show up our neck of the woods. Opening the show is Buí with their first full band Belfast show since their single launch in May. Come on down for a night of loud fun!
Social Media Advertising for Business workshop
Thursday 8th August, 6pm @ The MAC
Traffic Rockets have developed a system that can be deployed by any small or medium business that has the potential to generate enormous sales growth.
They have packaged this system into a 1.5hr training course at The MAC that they are currently giving away for free, for a limited time. They will teach you the following:
- How to create a flood of traffic to your business.
- How to generate leads and customers consistently.
- How to make your week to week and month to month sales predictable. No more guessing.
- How to automate much of the process so that you can be FREE to do what you do in the business.
- How to get customers to repeat, over and over again.
Landing pages to sales letters: Writing Effective Sales Copy workshop
Thursday 8th August, 6pm @ Avalon Business Hub
The Cathedral Quarter BID‘s very own business content queen is back with more fantastic training, this time focusing on sales writing.
In this masterclass you will learn:
- What is effective sales copy?
- How can writing engaging sales copy increase sales in your business?
- Identifying your USP
- What is a Call To Action and why do you need them?
- The structure of a landing page and sales letter
- Tools and tips for creating landing pages on WordPress and other online platforms
- The importance of the customer journey
- What is a sales and marketing funnel and why do you need one
- Using blogging to supercharge your sales messages
NI Opera: Jacques Offenbach
Thursday 8th August, 7pm @ The Black Box
Join the NI Opera Studio in celebrating the bicentenary of Jacques Offenbach, the father of operetta. Expect two lighthearted and subversive musical farces with frivolity, cross-dressing, and earworms aplenty. In typical NI Opera Studio fashion, both pieces will be performed in an informal setting, sung in French, with English dialogues and translations.
If you’d like to know even more about this part of Belfast, check out our regularly-updated News section for articles and special features. Our What’s On guide is packed with events in the Cathedral Quarter Belfast, and you can let us know about your event by filling in our form here. Why not use our interactive map and information pages to explore the CQ. Let us know what you think!